A very speedy guide to Twitter.
What is Twitter?
A platform where users can share their thoughts in 140 characteristics or less. Users can see and share information with each other by “following” one another.
What is a “Tweet”?
A piece of information/thought that is shared.
How do I Tweet?
- @ – You can reference other twitter users by using the @ symbol followed by their twitter handle (username).
- RT or retweeting – you can RT tweets that you found funny or important that you can share with your own followers.
- # – Hashtags allow you to instantly link whatever your hashtag is to like tweets with the same hashtag.
- DM- Direct message you can privately send to a follower (140 characters of less)
How do I get started?
- Go to Twitter.com
- Create handle (username, will be displayed as @yourusername)
- Select a profile pic and write a short bio to reflect who you are
- Start by listening. Find quality people to follow and observe how they interact (listen, listen, listen!).
- Craft your voice and interact
“The bottom line: Be authentic and true to your values and you’ll quickly become a valuable member of the Twitter community.” –The Beginners Guide To Twitter
A few Twitter accounts your dealership should follow:
For a complete guide to Twitter, check out The Beginners Guide To Twitter