Building a blog for your RV dealership is one of the best ways to reaching out to potential customers on the social web. A blog is a terrific platform for sharing your RV expertise, soliciting questions (and providing answers!), keeping customers updated on events, and building content you can use elsewhere (think Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, discussion boards). However, writing regularly on your blog is a tough commitment (consistent writing is a must) and coming up with topics day after day (week after week) can be a challenge.
Not to fear! That’s entirely why rvsocialmedia.com is here! Today, we’ve stumbled on a list of 69 Secret Tips To Make Your Blog Rock from Jeff Bullas. We’ve scoured his list and have pulled out our favorite 10 tips for RV dealership blogging:
- Write about industry News – whats happening this week, this month
- Find out about your customers Pain Points – Write posts that provide solutions for your customers problems
- Publish content on what not to do! – highlighting where something hasn’t worked (the names shall remain anonymous of course)
- Subscribe to the top industry blogs in your market, both company blogs and personal blogs for ideas
- Sign up other staff to write on topics in your industry or market that they are passionate about
- When you have a great idea, go straight to your “add new” button and write the headline and save it as a draft or write it down before you forget it.
- Run polls and surveys on your blog
- Make the blog easy to find on your company’s web page with a large banner or button
- Comment on other blogs and news articles to show your thinking/expertise, but also link people back to your blog
- Link to your blog on your Facebook fan page
*Photo credit: Marcus Zorbis